Exciting and varied role across multi-campuses and disciplines!
• Be part of a vibrant team influencing long term culture change and building a creative framework to support continual improvement in health and safety
• Work at New Zealand’s fastest growing University
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Advisor to join AUT University. Reporting to the Director of Health, Safety and Wellbeing, this permanent role offers you the chance to influence significant culture change whilst extending your existing knowledge! You will join a relatively new and dynamic team during an exciting time where there is genuine university interest, engagement & motivation to improve its Health & Safety.
You will provide critical ongoing support and advice to AUT managers and staff. You will also create and present H&S training alongside strategic responsibilities assisting the Director to develop and implement H&S policies, procedures and systems.
What kind of person are we looking for?
Crucial – you must have a positive, engaging and open approach to work and be an outstanding relationship builder with great people skills! Excellent communication is key as is the ability to work flexibly as part of a great team. Experience and skills you’ll possess will include:
• A relevant tertiary plus specialist qualification AND/OR extensive directly related practical experience in the field of occupational safety and health, preferably within a large multi-site organisation
• Knowledge and understanding of NZ H&S legislation; including the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 (including amendments), the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Legislation, NZ Fire Regulations and Building Act and other related legislation
• An awareness of the new legislative framework being introduced into NZ in 2016
• Proven skills in incident investigation
• Training and workshop delivery skills
• Reasonably strong IT skills
The role is based in the CBD but has the possibility of working on both the North Shore and South campuses each week as well. AUT offers fantastic free study opportunities, as well as a personal fund for your continued professional development.
Don’t delay, take that next step in your career – apply today!
Closing Date: Tuesday 7th April 2015 at 11:55pm
Please Note: You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
To apply for this position please click “Apply now” below to be redirected to our careers site. You can also visit http://careers.aut.ac.nz to see our other vacancies.
For more information about this position you can contact the AUT Human Resources Department on (09) 921 9995 or firstname.lastname@example.org but please do not attempt to apply via email as your application will not be registered.