DYNAMIC THEATRE MANAGER WANTED
– Full time, based in the heart of Ponsonby
About us and the role
The Covert Theatre, home of world class improv comedy shows, workshops and educational programmes is looking for a theatre manager extraordinaire.
Our purpose is to enhance human connection through play. We do this by celebrating, showcasing and developing the art of improvisation.
This position is critical to the success of the theatre: it is a fast paced, varied and dynamic and includes a number of operational and management responsibilities to ensure our future growth.
This is a permanent full time position with flexible hours, reporting to the Artistic Director.
• Deliver the strategic/business plan.
• Manage the budget to meet the financial and operational targets of the theatre.
• Work in tandem with the Artistic Director to deliver events.
• Help deploy marketing, promotional and online/social initiatives as required.
• Venue management: scheduling of shows, workshops, programmes or venue hiring; organisation of suppliers and vendors; delivery of excellent customer service, management of maintenance and repairs and financials
• Team management and recruitment: a bar manager and the bar/ticketing staff will be reporting to you
• Coordination of the theatre members, tutors, sponsors and partners, and suppliers
• Policy and Health & Safety management
• Reporting on operations and finances
• Marketing and promotional support: to help implement initiatives
• Admin: administrative tasks required for the efficient operation of the theatre
Benefits and perks
• A funky work environment based in the heart of Ponsonby
• Car park on site until 5pm
• Free show attendance (on standby basis)
• Flexible working hours (schedule dependent)
Required experience and skills
• Proven background in arts and/or venue management, with experience in managing both large and small-scale events.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Office Manager, business administrator or related role.
• Experience in executing marketing and promotional activity.
• Experience administering Health and Safety compliance requirements, employment legislation; Holidays Act, Employment Relations Act, Health and Safety at Work Act
• Exceptional organisation, time management and customer service skills and the ability to work to deadlines with little or no supervision.
• Thorough knowledge of administrative processes and techniques (workflow)
• Competency in computer based reporting skills using a range of packages including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Understanding and appreciation for handling sensitive and confidential information
• Some accounting experience
• Highly organised, self-motivated and can work independently
• Customer centric
• Effective people management skills with the ability to motivate, grow and develop the team
• Great communication skills (verbal and written)
Applications close on Monday the 31st May at 5pm.
A job description is available on request.
Find out more at www.coverttheatre.com
How to Apply