Regional Conservation Managers (RCMs) are part of the team delivering Forest and Bird’s conservation outcomes, namely:
1. Leading and supporting campaigns on conservation issues
2. Influencing environmental protection rules, resource-use decisions, and significant activities across our land, freshwater, and oceans
3. Providing strategic guidance on conservation issues and activities
RCMs are responsible for conservation advocacy and knowing the conservation issues in their geographical area, and the delivery of Forest & Bird’s strategic and operational plans throughout each region and on specific national issues.
Some travel is required in this role.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
• A tertiary qualification fields relating to conservation, ecology or science is desirable;
• An ability to maintain and develop relationships with iwi and hapū across the region;
• Sound working knowledge of New Zealand’s natural environment and conservation issues;
• Experience dealing with RMA statutory planning processes and conservation legislation;
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and complete projects on time and within budget;
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills (with media experience an advantage);
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people;
• A high level of personal motivation, ability to initiate and complete tasks independently, and in a timely manner;
• Relevant, current and clean New Zealand driver’s license.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your CV and a Cover Letter to Julie Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org
telling us why you are the person we are looking for. All applications will be acknowledged with applicants requested to complete an application form if they are successful in securing an interview. The closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday, 9 October, 2020.
Specific queries about this role should be directed to Jen Miller, General Manager Conservation Advocacy & Communications on 021 651 778.
We will only shortlist candidates who have a current legal right to work in New Zealand and a full NZ driver’s license. Regrettably we are unable to consider you if you do not have this organised.