Nisa is a Wellington-based lingerie label which employs women from refugee backgrounds to make briefs, bralettes and a selection of other items from organic cotton and merino.
Elisha Watson, Nisa’s CEO and founder, is looking for support to help with tasks around the workshop to free her up to focus on growing the business. This is an opportunity for you to grow your skills and use your talents to help Nisa make a real and meaningful difference in people’s lives.
The role will involve the following tasks. We’ve given a percentage next to each of them to give you a flavour of how much time will be spent on each task (this may change), along with the skills needed for each.
– Managing inventory systems and dispatch (45%): We are looking for a person with a high level of attention to detail, ability to work fast, and is technologically savvy. Training provided.
– Social media content creation (15%): We are looking for someone who knows how to use social media to engage with customers, and has an eye for photography.
– Assisting the production team where necessary (15%): This will involve bundling up cut garments and preparing them for production. Training provided.
– Taking care of our customer service email account (10%): Excellent written English is required, as is the ability to problem-solve with utmost empathy for the customer.
– Looking after customers in the shop (5%): Customer service experience helpful but not necessary
– Window dressing (5%): Design experience is helpful but not necessary
– Assisting on photography shoots (5%): No previous experience required, but an interest in photography and design is helpful
It’s really important to us that we find someone who will add to our team culture, which is inclusive, supportive and committed to the products we make. We are looking for someone who has a warm and caring personality, stellar communication skills, and who looks out for other people, and knows how to get the job done independently.
We encourage you to apply for the role in particular if you have knowledge and experience of the refugee journey and resettlement experience and/or working with people from a range of cultures/language abilities.
What we can offer you:
– 10 hours work a week at $19 an hour. We would prefer this to be broken down into 3-3.5 hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
– Mentoring and the opportunity to develop into more senior roles
– An awesome work environment with friendly people
– Knowing you’re having an impact on an organisation that provides opportunities to former refugees in our community.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd August:
– Your CV outlining your work experience, tailored to the role requirements above
– A cover letter detailing why you want the role, what it would mean to you to be a part of the Nisa team, and what you’d bring to the role.
Job Categories: Office and Admin. Job Types: Part-Time.
Closes August 2, 2019