Hamilton Asphalts has grown over the years and now have an opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer to join our team.
Hamilton Asphalts Ltd strive to achieve the highest standard in our industry, and ensure we provide the best possible customer experience while delivering a product that exceeds expectations.
This is dual role which predominantly will consist of Health and Safety compliance and administration. Planning of upcoming and current projects will be a secondary role.
Health and Safety Role
Duties will include inductions, training, hazard management, site health and safety planning, investigating accidents and incidents, compliance checking and rigorous health and safety auditing.
Conducting site inspections ensures we’re fully compliant with all relevant legislation, industry standards, codes of conduct, contract specifications and models of best practice for safety and environmental management.
Duties will include creating and updating programmes for current and future projects. Liaising with site managers, contracts manager, site staff and clients,
The person we’re looking for will:
· Possess a thorough command of written and spoken English
· Form strong relationships with
1. Worksafe NZ
3. Consultants and Subcontractors
· Utilise a high level of cultural understanding
· Make sound decisions and take prompt and appropriate action
· Perform under pressure
Hold a relevant qualification or demonstrate appropriate experience in health and safety management systems
· Have thorough knowledge of relevant safety codes and legislation
· Strong computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to juggle workload and priorities responsibilities
· Hold a current driver’s license
Background in Construction Industry, particularly civil works would be advantageous
If you are interested in growing your career and being part of a company that looks after its people, promotes best practice and is committed to delivering a great job, this would be a good match for you.
Applications close 31st of October 2015
Please apply via email with a current CV to Kelly@hamiltonasphalts.co.nz or by post to:
Hamilton Asphalts Limited
PO Box 10165