• National, senior leadership focus
• Making a difference for everyone affected by, or at risk of, kidney disease
• Implementing a new strategic vision
Kidney disease affects over 40,000 New Zealanders, including over 4,600 people with end-stage kidney disease who are either on dialysis or have a functioning kidney transplant.
Kidney Health New Zealand (KHNZ) ensures patients have easy access to credible and understandable information about their condition, an effective national voice to influence health sector decision-makers and complement the role of
regional patient groups.
The mission of KHNZ is Better Kidney Health for all New Zealanders and our recently approved strategic plan outlines our ambition for the next five years. This plan sets a new focus for KHNZ, including a strong representational and advocacy role for everyone affected by, or at risk of, kidney disease. We are looking to develop new nationwide patient focused services, subject to the development of good business cases and sustainable funding sources.
As the most senior role in KHNZ, we are looking for a General Manager to lead the delivery of this plan: an energetic, enthusiastic and credible leader who has general experience in managing a small but diverse team and whose qualifications, personality and intellect will provide the gravitas to have credibility with all stakeholders. We are
looking for someone who primarily has:
• Finely tuned analytical and intellectual/thought leadership skills, together with
highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong financial management skills, with a track record in successful fundraising
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in strategic and business planning,
operational and financial management, project management, with an ability to
develop from scratch new products and services
• A tertiary qualification in management, not for profit or business administration
or related field.
An understanding of the health sector is highly desirable but candidates with differing backgrounds will be considered. An understanding of renal disease and its treatments is desirable but not essential.
If you are looking to:
• Deploy your general business and/or not for profit management skills, and have a
track record in harnessing innovation to improve services
• Grow or re-orientate your career and make a difference within an organisation
which wants to be a strong voice
• Enjoy an intellectual and strategic challenge, if you are politically savvy, and you
have a passion for people, relationships and undertaking/engaging in interesting
work for the betterment of a small but growing community of patients
• Use your clear understanding of the health environment, the not for profit sector
and the importance of delivering change through a strong and articulate patient
then we are keen to hear from you.
If you are as passionate, as we are, about helping New Zealanders with a serious health condition, and you want to know more, contact one of our Board members, Traci Stanbury, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary will be negotiable for the right person.
Kidney Health NZ is an independent national organisation with a Board consisting of the Chair, and up to 6 Board members, elected by the Board and approved at the AGM. Our stakeholders include people with kidney disease, their families and supporters; kidney health professionals; researchers and 22 independent regional kidney patient support organisations.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply to be our GM, please send a CV and a covering letter outlining why you are the person who should be our GM to Michael Papesch, Chair, Kidney Health NZ, at email@example.com by 5pm Friday 24 May 2019.