An exciting new role – take Volunteer Wellington’s fundraising programme to the next level!
Following funding from the Nikau Foundation to develop and implement a Fundraising Strategy, we are now looking for the right person to build on and grow the fundraising programme, taking it to the next level.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Fundraiser will be expected to:
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively with team of paid employees and
volunteers at Volunteer Wellington to achieve the organisation’s strategic goals for
developing new revenue streams and increase support for Volunteer Wellington
across the region.
• Implement and build on Volunteer Wellington’s Fundraising Strategy including:
– Write compelling grant applications and complete accountability report
requirements within specified timeframes,
– Further develop, implement and grow a regular giving programme
– Identify other opportunities to expand Volunteer Wellington’s income generation
• Identify and build relationships with potential and existing donors, supporters and
stakeholders to increase the level of engagement through appropriate
communication including phone calls, emails and letters, and track their
• Work to improve and refine the use of information technology to accurately
record, retrieve and interpret data in line with privacy legislation and best
practice in fundraising, to build strong donor relationships.
• Keep up-to-date locally, nationally and internationally with fundraising ideas,
trends and information in order to enhance Volunteer Wellington’s fundraising
practice and supporter engagement.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a paid fundraising capacity. You will
need to demonstrate a good understanding of fundraising principles and practice.
• Ability to make the ask
• Well-developed communication skills – written, oral and listening. You will need to
demonstrate the ability to present information in an appropriate and engaging
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a good telephone manner, and the ability
to act in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
• A good organiser with a methodical approach to planning, analysis, presentation
of information and an ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge and experience of Vega and Superhero or other fundraising and
• Strong computer literacy, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Have a confident and outgoing nature, and enjoy working collaboratively, as well
as work effectively independently.
• Flexible, adaptable and willingness to meet demands and work to deadlines
• Passion for the not- for- profit sector
• Full and current driver’s license
How to Apply
If this sounds like the right job for you then please email an updated CV with a cover letter addressed to Julie Thomson, Regional Manager, Volunteer Wellington, firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your experience against the core competencies in the job description and tell us why you would want to work for Volunteer Wellington.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 12 August 2020