• Strong leadership and relationship focus
• Responsible for Kapiti, Levin and Foxton stores
• Enjoy plenty of variety whilst giving back to the community
The Salvation Army is a registered Christian charity, committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society. They have a network of Family Stores throughout New Zealand, the purpose of which is to generate income for mission and to connect people to Salvation Army Services.
The Family Stores Area Manager is responsible for the effective management and leadership of The Salvation Army’s three stores in the Horowhenua District (Kapiti, Levin and Foxton), through the provision of support, advice and guidance to the Team Leader in each store, ensuring they are supported effectively in their roles and that their stores are operated in line with policies and the national strategy.
In addition to managing each stores Team Leader, you will also be responsible for truck logistics and oversight of the 30 paid staff and 60 volunteers across the three sites. You will report to the Regional Family Store Manager and be responsible to the Family Store Management Board and both contribute to and implement their strategic direction.
• Experience leading a successful team, preferably in a multi-site environment
• A collaborative approach with the ability to get alongside and support staff
• Ability to achieve results by collaboration, with the Board, staff and volunteers
• A commitment to quality and outstanding donor and customer service
• Ability to think strategically, articulate and assist in the implementation of a vision
• Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
• Strong relationship building capabilities at all levels
• High levels of initiative with an eye for continuous improvement
• A full New Zealand driver’s licence is essential
• A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 7 August 2019
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069