Aro Valley is a diverse inner-city suburb of approximately 3500 people, located in an East-West valley directly adjacent to the southern end of the Central Business District in Wellington City.
We are looking for a Community Coordinator. This is a 12 month fixed-term, part-time role – 20 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days.
The salary is $47,840 – $52,000 pro rata for hours.
The Aro Valley Community Coordinator provides administrative and organisational support for the operations of the Aro Valley Community Centre and other aspects of the work of the Aro Valley Community Council. The role requires a high degree of self-organisation. The Community Coordinator needs an aptitude and passion for accurately undertaking both complex and routine administrative tasks. The Community Coordinator also needs to have an affinity for community work, and strong relationship skills. An accounting background would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Demonstrated ability to self-manage and work with competing priorities, strong time management skills;
2. Aptitude for, and familiarity with, working in a community setting, especially with volunteer employers and volunteers;
3. Demonstrated aptitude for, and experience with, administrative and organisational work.
4. Demonstrated aptitude for, and experience with, basic financial management, including tracking and recording payments. Experience using Xero accounting software is desirable;
5. Strong communication skills both oral and written;
6. Ability to work effectively to their strengths as part of a small team;
7. Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships;
8. Ability to relate effectively with a diverse range of people;
9. Proficiency in standard office software (MS Word and MS Excel);
10. Experience in maintaining financial records to a standard suitable for reporting to external funding agencies;
11. An active commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi;
12. An active commitment to Health and Safety for self and all other users of the Community Centre.
Based in the Community Centre, the Community Coordinator works in close partnership with the Community Developer, also based in the Community Centre.
Together these two roles provide the foundation for effective use and operation of the community centre and the continued development of the Aro Valley community.
The job description sets out the core requirements of this role. If you have any queries, please email Tahiti at email@example.com (due to part-time hours please allow at least 24 hours for a reply).
How to Apply
You’ll need to attach your CV and a letter setting out why you’d be great in this role, focusing on the key tasks and skills required for the role as set out in the job description.
You also need to provide at least two recent referees.
Please email a cover letter and job description to firstname.lastname@example.org