Has built a respected brand over the last half century and is recognised as an innovative leader within their markets. Based in Christchurch New Zealand, they employ over 400 people across various mechanical, electrical and control disciplines within R&D, manufacturing & quality control.
With a strong focus on quality, performance, reliability, durability and pushing the boundaries of engineering design it’s no wonder this company has stayed at the forefront of their industry.
As an Industrial Design Engineer, you will be driving innovation across the product range. You will be focused on the direction and specifications for robust and innovative design solutions including both new and existing products. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that timeframe, specification and design for manufacture milestones are achieved. You will be working closely with production stakeholders to ensure that projects transition smoothly from design to manufacture.
To be successful
You will require;
• A relevant tertiary level engineering qualification (mechanical, mechatronics, industrial)
• Minimum 6+ years’ experience gained from within a manufacturing environment
• A blend of industrial and mechanical design experience
• Solid 3D concept design and CAD skills
• Experience working with injection moulded plastics, sheet metals & preferably exposure to some electronics manufacturing would be helpful but not essential
• Experience in fabrication of “proof of concept” models and prototypes.
• Experience in minimum viable product (MVP) methodologies would be a distinct advantage.
• A high level of communication ability (both written and verbal)
About The Talent Hive
At The Talent Hive we connect Engineering professionals like you, with the right career opportunities. We value long-term partnerships so when we engage with you we take a ‘whole career’ view of your success. Our consultants take the time to discover who you are and what’s important to you. Our partnership approach ensures that your next career move is a success.
Check out our website at www.thetalenthive.co.nz
Apply by clicking below or email your CV to email@example.com and we will be back in touch shortly. If you wish to discuss this or any other opportunity in confidence, please contact Matt Love-Smith on (03) 281 8448