Fusion Networks is a dynamic and experienced managed services provider, offering end to end IS services, including Cloud Hosting, Desktop/Server Support, LAN’s, WAN’s and Telecommunications.
Our school ICT program has been central to an internationally renowned technology rich program called Manaiakalani. This program is being adopted by two clusters of schools in Auckland. These clusters will be expanding the use of technology into a full 1:1 environment, essentially doubling the number of devices used across the clusters over the next two years. Your role will be to manage and maintain these clusters with the support of our wider team.
In this role your time will be split between the schools, along with other local IT customers, office and remote support based out of our Christchurch office. In addition you will manage local projects with the schools. The role will see you delivering Level 1, 2 & 3 service and support to the schools. You will be supported by our local network team, and our Auckland helpdesk. You will get exposure to a diverse set of exciting technologies both familiar and cutting edge, and be a key part of an exciting journey for this cluster.
The right candidate will possess the following qualities;
• The ability and willingness to go the extra mile to provide the very best customer service to our customers.
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely. You will be required to explain a complex and wide ranging set of technologies to customers with a varied levels of technical understanding.
• Ability to rapidly adapt and learn new technologies.
• Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
• Professional, well presented and punctual. You will be the face of Fusion!
• A friendly and helpful disposition with the ability to work in a busy environment and under pressure environment.
• You must be self motivated, and self driven to ensure this program is a success.
Knowledge of these technologies is essential to the role:
• Windows Server OS
• Microsoft Windows Client OSs
• Microsoft Office and other desktop applications
• Infrastructure services: AD, DNS, DHCP
• Hardware troubleshooting and repair
We also use these technologies so experience in these areas would be beneficial:
• Ruckus wireless
• Cisco/AT/Juniper networking
• Mac OS X
• Chrome OS
• Office 365/Cloud computing
Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role, be a permanent resident/citizen, currently live in or around Christchurch and have a full drivers license and car for use during business hours. Travel allowance will be included.
Microsoft certifications are a must; Cisco and Apple certifications would be beneficial too.