Vibe (Hutt Valley Youth Health Trust) is the Hutt Valley’s Youth One Stop Shop delivering holistic health and wellbeing services to any young person aged 10-24 living in the Hutt Valley. Vibe has been delivering services which support young people to thrive and achieve their potential for the past 24 years.
This is an exciting time for Vibe, as we experience growth and the introduction of new services.
As the Youth Support Services Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading a team of staff (social workers & youth services) who support young people engaged with Vibe’s Youth Service. This role will be responsible for overseeing practice within Youth Service, programmes, and achievement of service outcomes.
You will also work closely with the Service Manager and the Senior Leadership team to help develop Youth Service within the Hutt Valley, and to ensure that all our services are youth friendly, accessible, and responsive to the needs and aspirations of young people.
Vibe is contracted by MSD to provide Youth Service. You can find out more about Youth Service here:
To be successful in this position you will be an experienced Team Leader with a minimum of 5 years’ practice experience. You will need to demonstrate experience in leadership within a community, youth, health, or social service setting and experience in providing supervision and case management. You will bring to this position:
· Excellent people skills, emotional intelligence, good judgement, and be calm and discrete
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to support teamwork and co-operation between staff
· A proven ability to motivate and inspire staff to always do their best
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality and a highly developed worth ethic
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to communicate sensitive messages or disagreements with tact and diplomacy
· A robust working knowledge of, and commitment to the principles of Positive Youth Development
· Proven ability to manage administrative tasks and experience in using a client database
· A supportive approach to the Kaupapa, philosophy, and values of Vibe
This is an exciting role that will challenge and give you the opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to the young people of the Hutt Valley. In return we offer a supportive work environment with a team who are passionate about youth health and development, where your skills and experience are appreciated.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
The position description and Vibe’s application form can be found at: https://www.vibe.org.nz/vacancies
To apply, please email your application form, cover letter, and CV to Maria.McDiarmid@vibe.org.nz
Applications close Sunday 30 May 2021
Please note, we may begin shortlisting as we received applications and could withdraw the advertising at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to complete Police vetting.