Upskills is an award-winning* workplace training provider delivering high-quality, learner-centred training nationwide. We are currently looking for dynamic, driven and passionate workplace tutors to join our friendly team. The successful applicant will deliver literacy and numeracy foundation skills to our learners in Palmerston North. Central to our kaupapa at Upskills is unlocking confidence in our learners to succeed at work and beyond.
We’re looking for people who:
– are communicative, interactive facilitators with an in-depth understanding of adult learning principles, including akō and whakawhanaungatanga
– are passionate about working with adults to achieve workplace literacy and numeracy (communication) goals
– are creative in taking workplace documentation and pulling out underpinning literacy and numeracy skills to design materials that boost learner capability and confidence
– are keen to develop, reflect on and share their own teaching practice
– are empathic and warm, strengths-based educators, with competent intercultural skills, and a strong knowledge of New Zealand cultures and Te Tiriti O Waitangi as it relates to educational practice in Aotearoa
– can work to deliver on specifically scoped goals and metrics on bespoke workplace literacy and numeracy projects with our clients
– have confidence engaging and working with Māori and Pasifika models of learning
– are self-motivated and able to work remotely, as well as interact with learners and employers in order to deliver an effective training programme
– are able to deliver weekly reports, maintain attendance records, and compile administrative tasks as required
– hold an adult teaching qualification such as NZCALNE, or are willing to obtain this
– are confident delivering digital literacy and financial literacy content
Currently, we are seeking tutors to work on a part-time contract basis in Palmerston North.
*Diversity Works Skills Highway Winners in 2015, 2017, and 2018 with our client programmes at Goodman Fielder, Waste Management NZ, and Griffin’s.
How to Apply
If you’re enthusiastic about working with adult learners and want to make a positive difference in people’s lives, please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’re right for this mahi to email@example.com. ‘Chalk and talkers’ need not apply!