ACE New Zealand (ACE) represents over 220 consulting and engineering firms, ranging from large global firms to regionally focussed SMEs. Their members are on the front lines of delivering critical technology, construction and infrastructure and represent the essential expertise needed to shape the future of our built and natural environment in Aotearoa.
It is a critical time for the consulting and engineering sectors, as they negotiate the economic and social challenges arising from COVID-19. With government investment at an all-time high, there’s a need for an inspirational sector voice and strong advocacy to ensure that they proactively shape the future of Aotearoa, creating sustainable value for ACE members, their clients and the communities they serve.
On behalf of ACE we are seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer. As CEO you will be managing a small team and providing inspirational leadership to the ACE team and the association’s members.
The CEO is responsible for the leadership, strategy implementation and operations management of a complex membership Association operating in the consulting and engineering sector. This role leads the continued growth in membership and projects and activities of ACE and its engaged membership.
The CEO is responsible for raising brand profile, reputation, and credibility of ACE throughout its stakeholder group, of members, Central and Local Government and the wider consulting and engineering sector. This role requires national and occasional international travel to engage with members and stakeholders to be better able to advocate their position.
Reporting directly to the ACE Board, you will be tasked with building on the existing foundations and continue to develop the organisation, ensuring the sustainability of its influential relationships.
Experience and qualifications
• Required qualifications: Tertiary qualification in business management (MBA or similar)
• Minimum 15 years’ operating at a Senior Manager / Executive / general manager level
• Experience working in a high growth environment leading and growing an organisation
• Demonstrated success in strategy development and execution
• Experience with reporting to and / or participation on governance boards preferable
• Financial and business acumen that is supportive of good governance
• Project / programme management experience
• Strong communication skills; versatile social media abilities
• Well-developed problem-solving for solutions and innovations
• Coaching and influencing expertise
• Change management experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very high-profile industry, giving you as CEO the opportunity to productively make a difference.
We invite you to visit the ACE website to assist you in gaining a better understanding of the purpose and service provided by them. www.acenz.org.nz
How to Apply
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please apply submitting a current resume and executive covering letter to Karen@talentgroup.co.nz. For an initial confidential conversation, please contact Karen Hutchison on 021 448 796