We are seeking a strong sales professional who can work autonomously and be able to technically sell a product and solution to owner operators and original equipment distributors of excavators. As well as having boundless energy and enthusiasm, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a proven track record in capital equipment sales. He/she will be able to engage with customers at all levels, from individual owner operators to large hire fleets as well as selling to Original equipment distributors.
As Key Account Manager your main responsibility will be sales in NZ.
Your key function will be to professionally represent the company and maximise sales through the establishment of excellent working relationships with quality customers throughout New Zealand.
• Establish and Maintain excellent working relationships with OED’s to market Doherty products
• Provide technical and commercial support to OED’s and end-users
• Actively seek out and establish new customers and business opportunities
• Cold calling on large end users, hire companies and all OED’s
• Preparation, presentation and following up of quotes for all product lines
• Post sale follow ups including limited product support with Key Customers
• Plan, Organize and participate in agreed trade shows exhibitions, and demos etc
• Preparation (with GM) of annual sales budget and forecast
• Monthly reporting and attending management meetings as agreed with HQ
• Management and updating of our in house CRM.
• Working with various areas of the business to plan and ensure a smooth delivery of forecasted products
• Working to and achieving all KPI’s.
Desired competencies, personal skills and experience
• Sales experience preferred within the industry but not necessarily earthmoving attachments
• Mechanically minded preferably with technical & practical experience from the field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task and deal with a varied workload, ensuring the needs of the customer are always put first.
• Experience in educating sales personnel of product
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers, in particular Microsoft packages and experience using CRM.
• Ability to undertake frequent travel
• Ability to work autonomously in an efficient and organised manner in a fast paced and often high pressure environment
• Absolutely trustworthy and dependable
• Professional and people friendly approach
We design manufacture and distribute world leading high quality earthmoving attachments for the construction, demolition, quarrying and mining industries. Doherty Attachments is a New Zealand Company with a fully owed Australian Subsidiary and has licencing agreements in the USA and UK.
The success of the company is based on our promise “To supply high quality earth moving attachments which are safe, durable, and exceed our customers’ expectations s and represent outstanding value for money”.
email CV & covering letter by 17 July 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org