Policy and Research Advisor – Green Party
Two positions available – one of these roles requires expert knowledge on tikanga Maori, Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Maori issues.
The Research and Policy Advisor is a member of the Green Party Political Office team which assists the Green party Co-leaders, Green MP’s, Chief Strategist and the Chief of Staff to implement the Confidence and Supply Agreement with the Labour Party.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, and working closely as part of the research and policy function for the Political Office, you will enjoy a collaborative and stimulating working environment.
A snapshot of some of your daily responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Analyse and provide advice on policy, legislation and appointments
- Prepare MP’s for meetings, provide support and attend meetings with other parties
- Assist with the implementation of the Green party Confidence and Supply agreement
- Draft Members’ Bills
- Undertake research and prepare oral and supplementary questions
- Organise and coordinate advocacy on issues and legislation
- Research and develop information to ensure positive coverage of Green party issues and MP’s
- Respond to inquiries from journalists, the public and Green members
This exciting opportunity will offer you variety, challenge and will provide you with a unique insight into the political process and how Parliament operates.
This is a full time, events-based position. Some flexibility of working hours will be required according to the business of the House.
Applications close at 6pm on Wednesday, 28 February 2018.
If you have any questions relating to this role please get in contact with Talent@parliament.govt.nz
The Parliamentary Service appoints on merit and is committed to EEO and good employer principles.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 16184GJ.