Wellington – Permanent, Full Time
- Leverage New Zealand’s domestic education priorities for global outreach
- Connect your analytical and advisory skills to have real impact
The Ministry’s International Division leads the Ministry’s wider international education engagement strategies, international education policy and key bilateral and multilateral international engagement to ensure all learners and education providers benefit from flows of knowledge, people and services internationally.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Advisor to work with a passionate and experienced International team; and, policy and programme delivery colleagues across the Ministry to:
- Engage key relationships and use your knowledge to provide advice to Ministers and officials on country-to-country and multilateral priorities.
- Engage with key stakeholders to deliver tailored programmes for international delegations directly or in response to requests from Ministers or other government agencies.
- Provide coordination and secretariat support to international and interagency meetings, working groups, visiting delegations and the New Zealand National Commission for UNESCO.
People interested in this role need to demonstrate:
- Relationship management and influencing skills, including with diverse stakeholders
- An ability to deliver programmes of work with pace and analytical agility
- Energy, drive and the ability to work with others to get things done
- A well-organised approach, strong customer focus and results orientation
If you want to use your policy, education or international experience to help support New Zealand’s fourth largest export industry (international education) and deliver on the Ministry’s goals of ensuring our education system is relevant and New Zealanders have the skills and knowledge for work and life, this is a great opportunity.
Please review the attached Position Description and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button. For further information, please talk to Tara Thurlow-Rae, Senior Manager International Cooperation and Engagement, on 04 446 38761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 2 March 2018.