The New Zealand Fire Service (NZFS) is a technologically advanced, responsive emergency service that has around 62,000 callouts per year. There are over 400 stations throughout New Zealand with more than 9,000 career and volunteer firefighters, plus over 500 support staff, who dedicate themselves to preventing fires and to working with communities to protect what they value. Our vision is to lead integrated fire and emergency service for a safer New Zealand.
The NZFS Fire Engineering Unit wish to appoint an experienced Fire Engineer to join the team of eleven Fire Engineers located in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. While the preferred location is at National Headquarters in Wellington, the position can be filled at either of the other two locations.
The Fire Engineering Unit is involved in a variety of work streams:
• Liaison with design team to provide input into the Fire Engineering Brief for all verification method and performance based building designs
• The review of building consent documentation to asses ‘means of escape’ and ‘facilities for fire fighters’
• Undertaking post-incident analysis following fires of significance
• Undertaking research and development projects to influence and inform NZFS policy
• Stakeholder liaison including National Standards committees, government departments and industry groups
• Providing support and technical training for NZFS staff.
The successful applicant will hold a tertiary qualification in fire engineering and will have previous experience as a practicing Fire Engineer. The NZFS have a training scheme geared at ensuring our engineers gain chartered status at the earliest opportunity. As such, applicants should be actively working towards that goal.
How to Apply:
Click on the “Apply for this job” button below to go to our Jobs website (http://www.fire.org.nz/Jobs) to download an application pack and position description.
For further technical information on this position please contact: Simon Davis, Fire Engineering Manager on +64 (0) 9 354 5104, or email: Simon.Davis@fire.org.nz
Please send your application form, CV and cover letter to:
Emma McKenzie, Fire engineering Coordinator, Fire Engineering Unit
Email: email@example.com Tel: +64 (0)9 354 5105