What’s it like to work at Sport Manawatu?
At Sport Manawatu we live and breathe sport every day. It’s what drives us to get out of bed every morning and head to work. Sport is our passion. That means we don’t always work 8-5, sport happens at night and on the weekends as well. It means we work with kids, adults, volunteers and even athletes competing on the world stage. It also means that from 3pm on a Friday we head out and do what we love: sport.
At times we face challenges on our journey but it’s overcoming those challenges that make the successes so great. At the end of the day we are privileged to be able to help make it easier for people in our region to play, recreate and compete in sport. From kids, club participants and volunteers through to our elite athletes; we are proud to support them all.
At Sport Manawatu we value integrity, excellence, leadership, and our people.
Is this role for you?
An exciting opportunity exists to join Sport Manawatu’s Community Sport team. Sport Manawatu seeks a team player with the passion to maintain the provision of quality sporting opportunities for Secondary School students.
PLEASE APPLY AT THE SPORT MANAWATU WEBSITE: www.sportmanawatu.org.nz
The key purpose of the Secondary Schools Sport Advisor is to:
– Lead a range of secondary school sports projects
– Influence key stakeholders, senior management, and principals in secondary schools to prioritise and make provision for quality sport opportunities.
– Support sport coordinators in schools.
– Maintain up-to-date contact databases of schools.
– Support and encourage secondary schools to plan and implement Kiwisport projects.
– Lead the Manawatu Secondary School Sports Awards.
Applications close 5.00pm 10 August 2015.
For a copy of the job description and to apply, go to Sport Manawatu’s website: http://www.sportmanawatu.org.nz