English Teachers – Elan

Who are we?
We are one of Shanghai’s leading English training centres. We offer after-school and weekend English programmes to 5-12 year old students.

Who are we looking for?
We are looking for fluent English speakers who are willing to commit at least 1 year to living and working in Shanghai. You do not need to have any teaching qualifications; we will pay for your TEFL certificate, and give you fully paid training. As we are always in need of more teachers – there is no real competition. If your personality is pleasant enough, we want you!

Why should you come?
Shanghai is an incredible place to live in. It is the commercial capital of the world’s fastest growing economy. As such, English teachers are in higher demand than ever. On a salary of 14,000-18,000 RMB per month (this is what we offer), English teachers can live very comfortable lives in Shanghai. For perspective, the average Shanghai local makes about 5,000; a third of your pay! An apartment will cost you anywhere between 2,000 to 4,000 RMB per month, and your average meal will cost you 20 RMB. You could party every night and still save.

Note: Foreigners drink for free in most of Shanghai’s bars and clubs!

What about culture shock?
Shanghai is China’s most international city, and there is a strong expat population. All road signs have English on them, and the entire subway and bus networks have English broadcasts. There are international supermarkets at every corner, selling New Zealand products; whether that be Weet-Bix or Anchor milk.

What can we offer you?
A competitive payment package of 14,000-20,000 RMB per month (2800-4000 NZD monthly or 33600-48000 NZD annually)
A bonus payment upon completion of your contract, valued up to 14,000-20,000 (2800-4000 NZD)
Fully covered health and accident insurance
Once a year we will pay for your return flights to New Zealand
We will pay for your TEFL Certificate should you not have one already
We will pay for your hotel while you are looking for your accommodation in Shanghai
We will pay for all of your visa application costs
You will be given 11 days of annual leave, as well as all of the national public holidays.
You will have two days off every week.

What qualifications do you need?
You need to be a New Zealand citizen, or a citizen of another English speaking country*
You need to hold a Bachelor Degree, or higher (BA, BSc, LLB etc.)
You need to have a TEFL Certificate. If you do not have one yet, we will pay for you to undertake a short-term course to obtain one

*Exceptions can be made for people who are not the citizen of an English-speaking country, but graduated with a degree from an English-speaking country.

Alexander Zhou

Related Job Ads: