Early Intervention Teacher
Timaru – Permanent, Full Time
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced early childhood professional to join our Learning Support team. The successful applicant will work as part of a multidisciplinary team committed to achieving positive outcomes for South Canterbury children (0-6 years).
The successful appointee will:
- Have a Diploma in Teaching (ECE) and practising certificate
- Have a Diploma in Early Intervention or be committed to gaining this qualification.
- Be committed to including children in a variety of early childhood settings and ensuring their presence, participation and learning
- Have strong teaming skills and ability to work within a transdisciplinary team
- Have experience working with children who have a range of developmental and behavioural needs
- Be able to build effective relationships with families/ whanau, educators and other within the community
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a current NZ driver’s license
- An awareness and sensitivity to cultural /ethnic diversity and a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi are essential.
- Experience working within a New Zealand ECE education settings for at least 3 years would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Te Whariki curriculum would be an advantage.
- ECE leadership experience would be an advantage.
Further information about the Ministry of Education and Learning Support is available on the Ministry website at http://www.education.govt.nz.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button
For further information please contact Atholea Shanks Atholea.email@example.com
Applications close 23 February 2018.
Please click here to Apply Online